A green glazed composition amulet in the form of a striding figure of Harwer (Haroeris). The deity is shown as hawk-headed, wearing the double crown and shendyt kilt, with his arms by his sides. The object has a dorsal pillar, and is pierced behind the waist for suspension. It has been broken and repaired just above the ankles. It is likely Late Period in date, and is on long-term loan from the British Museum who acquired it in 1916 from the Rev. William F. Rose.
Andrews, Carol 1994. Amulets of ancient Egypt. London: The British Museum Press. Goodridge, Wendy R. & Stuart J. Williams 2005. Offerings from The British Museum. Swansea: The Egypt Centre. [p. 3]
- Last modified: 23 Oct 2020