- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Maths and writing case, Writing
- Object Type
- Written document, Mummy label
- Old Kingdom to Graeco-Roman Period
- Fourth Dynasty to First century CE/AD
- Egypt, Akhmim
- Length: 112mm | Width: 47mm | Depth: 10mm
- Number of Elements
A mummy label with an inscription (Greek) which is translated as 'Senpeteminis (daughter) of Petetriphis'. It was purchased by Wellcome from the MacGregor collection in 1922 (lot 643). The surface with the writing appears to have a light white wash beneath the writing.
Mueller, Dieter 1973. Three mummy labels in the Swansea Wellcome Collection. Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 59, 175–180. [179–180, pl. XLII] www.trismegistos.org/text/24936 See article by Gee and Gill in Journal of Hellenic Studies 1996, 261.
- Last modified: 20 Nov 2022