Copper alloy dagger
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Metalwork case
- Object Types
- Fakes and replicas, Fakes | Implements and utensils, Warfare, hunting and fishing equipment, Dagger
- New Kingdom to Modern
- Eighteenth Dynasty
- Thutmose III
- Metals/alloys (Copper alloy)
- Length: 200mm | Width: 29mm | Depth: 7mm
- Number of Elements
A copper alloy dagger with the cartouche of Thutmose III (Mn-ḫpr-Rꜥ) at the base of the blade. The object underwent XRF analysis in 2019 and was determined to have been a fake. It was possibly purchased by Wellcome in 1907 from the collection of Robert de Rustafjaell.
Pietri, Renaud 2012. À propos d'une lame de poignard inscrite au nom d'un roi Menkheperrê: notes sur un objet singulier conservé au Louvre (AF 13446). Cahiers de l'École du Louvre 1, 1–10.
- Last modified: 10 Mar 2022