Crown from a statue
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Metalwork case
- Object Type
- Sculpture, Statue
- Graeco-Roman Period
- Metals/alloys (Copper alloy)
- Height: 81mm | Width: 39mm | Depth: 13mm
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
A double feather crown from a small statue. This is a Sobek crown with a small double uraeus. The double uraeus may represent Upper and Lower Egypt. This probably dates to the Graeco-Roman Period.
- Previous Owner
- Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Assumed long-term loan, The Wellcome Trust (15 Feb 1971)
- Last modified: 10 Apr 2021