- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Predynastic case
- Object Type
- Implements and utensils, Warfare, hunting and fishing equipment, Mace
- Predynastic Period
- Neolithic Culture
- Diameter: 51mm | Height: 45mm
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
An ovoid macehead made of black stone. Spherical forms are present in the Neolithic Period, but continue to be produced through to the Late Predynastic Period.
Gilbert, G.P. 2004 'Weapons, warriors and warfare in Early Egypt'.
- Other Identity
- 379 (Boscawen number) | 192C (rectangular white label with blue frame) | 316 (written on a circular white label)
- Last modified: 23 Oct 2022