- Accession Number
- Current Location
- In storage
- Object Type
- Implements and utensils, Agricultural equipment, Sickle
- Early Dynastic Period
- First Dynasty to Second Dynasty
- Stone/minerals (Flint)
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
Flint sickle blade with a trapezoidal cross-section and truncated by retouch rather than broken at each end. Both lateral edges are dorsally denticulated and there is sickle gloss along one edge. The type is typical of the Early Dynastic Period, although its use continues into the Old Kingdom. Gift from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth.
- Previous Owner
- University of Wales, Aberystwyth
- Gift, The University of Wales, Aberystwyth (24 Mar 1997)
- Last modified: 20 Mar 2022