Axehead or hoe
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Metalwork case
- Object Type
- Implements and utensils, Warfare, hunting and fishing equipment, Axe | Implements and utensils, Agricultural equipment, Hoe
- New Kingdom
- Metals/alloys (Copper alloy)
- Length: 97mm | Width: 82mm | Depth: 33mm
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
A copper alloy axehead or hoe, dating to the New Kingdom. It is marked with red lettering '14078 AB/-'.
V Davies 1987 'Catalogue of Egyptian Antiquities in the British Museum. Tools and weapons I axes' for more information on axes.
- Wellcome Number
- Other Identity
- 14078 AB/- (unidentified number written on the object in red ink)
- Auction Details
- Two bronze hoes
- Previous Owner
- Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Last modified: 12 Sep 2021