Wooden funerary figure, possibly a tomb owner statue
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- In storage
- Object Types
- Fakes and replicas, Fakes | Sculpture, Statue | Model, Unidentified funerary model, Unidentified figure
- First Intermediate Period to Modern
- Height: 326mm | Width: 96mm | Depth: 75mm
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
This figure of a female tomb owner wears a long dress and wears a tripartite wig, with a ponytail extending down the back. Due to the unusual stylistic features, it is considered that it may not be a genuine ancient Egyptian object.
- Wellcome Number
- Other Identity
- EC702 was found to be the foot belonging to W435 (it is shown on the 1997 photograph attached to W435). So WC702 was deleted)| EC634 was found to be the missing left foot and so EC634 deleted.
- Auction Details
- A fine old Egyptian wood statue, with black hair, etc. (500 B.C.)
- Previous Owner
- Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Last modified: 01 Dec 2021