- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Metalwork case
- Object Types
- Fakes and replicas, Fakes | Implements and utensils, Warfare, hunting and fishing equipment, Axe
- Middle Kingdom to Modern
- Metals/alloys (Copper alloy)
- Length: 353mm | Width: 180mm | Depth: 31mm
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
A hafted copper alloy axehead of Middle Kingdom Date. The handle is carved with the head of man. It is believed to be a fake.
- Previous Owner
- Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Assumed long-term loan, The Wellcome Trust (15 Feb 1971)
- Last modified: 10 Apr 2021