Artificial eye of a cow or bull
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Death (ground floor), Coffins case, Right
- Object Type
- Tomb equipment, Coffin/sarcophagus/cartonnage, Artificial eye
- Stone/minerals (Obsidian)
- Height: 48mm | Width: 73mm | Depth: 13mm
- Number of Elements
An artificial eye comprising of a pupil of a dark brown stone, probably obsidian. The size and shape of this eye suggests it comes from a cow or bull burial. The Bucheum III plate XXXVI.5 has a very similar eye.
See Berman, L.M., 'Catalogue of Egyptian Art. T 1999 for examples of artificial eyes generally and further references. Lucas and Harris, 1962, 'Ancient Egyptian Materials and Industries' Chapter 7.
- Last modified: 18 Oct 2020