Spoon of a swimming girl
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Woodwork case
- Object Types
- Fakes and replicas, Fakes | Implements and utensils, Cosmetic and medical equipment and implements
- Length: 291mm | Height: 52mm | Width: 45mm
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
A modern replica of a spoon in the shape of a swimming girl. The type of wood and roughly executed design of this suggest that it is not a genuine ancient Egyptian piece.
Anonymous. 1996. The face of Egypt: Swansea Festival exhibition: 5 October 1996–5 January 1997. Swansea: Glynn Vivian Art Gallery. [Cat. 36] Freed, R. E. In 'Egypt's Golden Age. The Art of Living In The New Kingdom' 1982. The Museum of Fine Arts Boston. 205-207.
- Wellcome Number
- Previous Owner
- Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Long-term loan, The Wellcome Trust (15 Feb 1971)
- Last modified: 17 Feb 2021