- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Faience case
- Object Type
- Receptacle/vessel, Situla
- Late Period to Graeco-Roman Period
- Height: 36mm | Maximum diameter: 24mm | Rim diameter: 12mm | Base diameter: 24mm | Height of maximum diameter: 1mm
- Number of Elements
A model situla with holes in the neck and an inscription on one side which gives the first words of the prayer for funerary offerings. It dates from the late Dynastic to Graeco-Roman Period, probably the Fourth Century BCE.
Christine Insley Green 1987 'The Temple Furniture from the sacred animal necropolis at North Saqqara 1964-1976'.
- Last modified: 18 Jun 2022