- Accession Number
- Current Location
- In storage
- Object Type
- Architecture, Architectural element, Stela
- Byzantine Period
- Stone/minerals (Limestone)
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
Coptic stela in wooden frame. Floral motifs surrounds architectural facade. Inscribed panel with part of funerary formula. Purchased by Wellcome at an auction of Rustafjaellitems in 1907. According to Robert de Rustafjaell (1909, p. 79), the stela is from the theban region.
de Rustafjaell, Robert 1909. The light of Egypt: from recently discovered predynastic and early Christian records. London : Kegan Paul, Trench, Trübner. [p. 79, pl. 35]
- Previous Owners
- Robert de Rustafjaell (1859–1943) | Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Long-term loan, The Wellcome Trust (15 Feb 1971)
- Last modified: 02 Oct 2020