- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Stone case
- Object Types
- Receptacle/vessel, Jar | Implements and utensils, Cosmetic and medical equipment and implements, Kohl, Kohl pot
- Aston type 84
- Early Dynastic Period to Old Kingdom
- Stone/minerals (Porphyry)
- Height: 35mm
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
A red stone (porphyry) cosmetic jar (Aston type 84). It dates from the early Dynastic Period to the Old Kingdom. It is from the William Moir Bryce collection sold at Sotheby on 21.7.1920.
- Other Identity
- W310 | 49/7 | W319 (W1452 was assumed to be W319 because there is no other item matching W319, W1452 is the only Old Kingdom porphyry vessel of lot 49 and is the correct size.) | 9259 (number from old catalogue card W319)
- Last modified: 15 Feb 2021