Pottery amulet mould for a wadjet eye
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Drawers beneath stelae, Drawer 1
- Object Type
- Implements and utensils, Mould, Amulet mould
- Height: 35mm | Width: 38mm | Height: 18mm
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
A pottery mould for a wadjet amulet. Such moulds were used for making faience amulets. They have been found in large quantities at Amarna and Qantir. Such amulets were worn by the living as well as the dead.
- Previous Owner
- Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Assumed long-term loan, The Wellcome Trust (15 Feb 1971)
- Last modified: 12 Jun 2022