- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Life (first floor), Maths and writing case
- Object Type
- Implements and utensils, Writing equipment, Pen
- Graeco-Roman Period to Byzantine Period
- First century CE/AD
- Plant products (Reed)
- Length: 134mm | Diameter: 9mm
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
A reed pen. Similar pens are published in Petrie, W.M. 1927. 'Objects of Daily Use' 66, pl. LVIII.54-58 from Lahun, Wushym and Hawara and were dated by Petrie to the Roman Period.
- Previous Owner
- Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Last modified: 11 Sep 2022