Amulet of Taweret
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Death (ground floor), Amulets case
- Object Type
- Jewellery, Amulet
- Height: 37mm | Width: 8mm | Depth: 11mm
- Number of Elements
- Divine Name
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
A faience amulet of Taweret, in a standing position. Taweret took the form of a pregnant hippopotamus and was thought to protect women and children.
- Previous Owner
- Sir Henry Solomon Wellcome (1853–1936)
- Assumed long-term loan, The Wellcome Trust (15 Feb 1971)
- Last modified: 02 Nov 2020