- Accession Number
- Current Location
- In storage
- Object Type
- Photographic media, Lantern slide
- Twentieth century CE/AD
- Egypt, Philae, Isis Temple, Birth House
- Number of Elements
This image may be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license. For uses not covered under the Creative Commons license, or to license images for commercial uses, please contact the Egypt Centre.
Lantern slide. Showing the birth house of the Temple of Isis on the Island of Philae. This photograph was taken by Sgt. Johnson of the 436 Welsh Field Company c. 1917. It formed part of a lecture which he gave. The notes from his lecture read 'The Temple of Hathor stands immediately to the east of the second Pylon. It consists of a hall and a pronaos, the other chambers being now destroyed. The hall had six pillars on either side which are now only standing in part.' The slide shows the birth house with Hathor headed columns on the right and behind that, on the left of the picture, the First Pylon. This is a similar view to negative EC1703 and EC1716.
- Other Identity
- Previous Owners
- Carmarthenshire County Museum | Sgt. James Mason Johnson (1892–1991)
- Gift, Carmarthenshire County Museum (03 Apr 2007)
- Last modified: 09 May 2020