Lantern slide. Showing the Esna temple. This photograph was taken by Sgt. Johnson of the 436 Welsh Field Company c. 1917. It formed part of a lecture which he gave. The notes from his lecture read 'The Esna temple built by Ptolemy 6th (BC 181-140). The temple as seen today is a rectangular building 108ft wide, 54 feet deep facing east or rather the river....'. This is a similar view to EC1722.