Artificial eye for a cow or bull
- Accession Number
- Current Location
- House of Death (ground floor), Coffins case, Right
- Object Type
- Tomb equipment, Coffin/sarcophagus/cartonnage, Artificial eye
- Stone/minerals (Limestone) | Stone/minerals (Obsidian)
- Height: 60mm | Width: 104mm | Depth: 23mm
- Number of Elements
An artificial eye, the iris is loose. The central piece is made of obsidian and the frame from a white-ish limestone. The size of the eye suggests it is from a cow or bull burial.
See Berman, L.M., 'Catalogue of Egyptian Art. The Cleveland Museum of Art' 1999 for examples of artificial eyes generally and further references. Lucas and Harris, 1962, 'Ancient Egyptian Materials and Industries' Chapter 7.
- Last modified: 18 Oct 2020